Security & Compliance
Protect Your Customers & Your Business
As a merchant, you are required to adhere to specific Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS). Since these standards change often and requirements vary by the size of your business, our team of professional security experts are here to help stay current while avoiding penalty fines and security breaches.
Get the PCI tools you need to stay compliant with card payments.
Learn how to accept card chip payments and minimize EMV fraud liability.
FRAUD + RISK TOOLS
Discover new ways to ensure more successful transactions and minimize fraudulent ones.
Is it Permissible to Offer Dual Pricing?
Absolutely, across all states! The Durbin Amendment, part of the Dodd-Frank Act, plus card network regulations, support discounts for cash payments:
- Payment networks can't stop merchants from offering cash, check, or card discounts, as long as it's fair and transparent.
- Visa's rules allow merchants to encourage alternative payments to Visa cards by offering cash discounts.
- Mastercard's guidelines state merchants can't charge extra for card use but can discount for cash payments.
- Discover allows point-of-sale discounts for different payment methods without discrimination by issuer or network.
- American Express permits cash payment discounts off regular prices.